• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant weeping out of passenger side head area

sschaefer3

OK, I have this very slow weeping of some fluid that seems to be antifreeze. This is the front of the motor on the passenger side, head area. Anyone have any ideas, I have a new water pump on the way. Is this possibly a blown head gasket? It runs down to the ORD cross member below the oil pan and to the front transmission cover starting around the starter.

Drivers side is dry.

Has anyone seen this before and what did it turn out to be?

Attachments

Last edited:

chicagodiesel

If it's diesel I would try tightening down that injector and fuel line and changing your return lines, but that seems to obvious to say I suppose. I'm suggesting it in the hopes that it isn't your head gasket! Good luck.

Goose2448

Stick your finger in the Rad. I know what they taste like form working on them. After a while you know what they all taste like. You can try smelling it too, just not while its hot, you could end up like Rudolph....

acesneights1

Antifreeze tastes sweet. it's good for poisoning mice...
If it is HG's use ARP studs. Summitracing sells them. I agree though looks like fuel to me. Is your coolant level low ?

ralbelt

antifreeze tastes sweet, diesel tastes like............uh diesel. Head gasket is not hard, follow the TM.. I did both gaskets 2 years ago with one new head and one was pressure tested and the valves done. Now that head is cracked so doing a new head on that side. Picking up two heads at the Ga rally, one for a spare.

acesneights1

Cracks between the valves or hairline cracks in the precups is normal on these and does not necessarily mean the head is bad. Make sure you use ARP studs. Don't screw around with TTY bolts. Trust me I have done many 6.xxx HG jobs...They are worth the money.
The head pictured I put back on and it worked fine.

Attachments

Last edited: