• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cooling system capacity?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
several data plates i have say the same thing, 32 qts for cooling system. drained rad and block, no heater, will only hold 22 qts. where does the other 10 qts go?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I have to drain the coolant from mine, it never takes all of right away. I even put draincocks in the intake manifold before the stat for fill venting and it STILL keeps a giant air bubble in the system. See if you can force feed it with a cooling system pressurizer. I think the air accumulates in the oil cooler and the pipe that goes to it.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i had removed upper and lower hoses and the thermostat housing to check and flush things after having an 'issue' with the lower hose collapsing from the suction of the water pump. i ended up putting a spring in it to keep it open. at the same time i installed a new thermostat with a air bleed hole, something some of them don't have. 2 & 1/2 gallons of coolant is a lot of air!! i am satisfied there is no air in the system.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: cooling system capacity?

Offroadfabworks said:
12 gallons.. rofl exspecially when you fill it u. and then it blows a hose. and you start all over again.
You sure? I only put around 7 1/2 in my s#!tbox. Most newer trucks only hold 12-14 gallons and these are considerably smaller.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone took 10 quarts from my deuce too Tom!! Just kidding. I did a complete cooling system flush and refill today and I could only add 22 quarts. I talked to Troy Kluthe (Deuceman51) today and covered the radiator with cardboard and got the system up to 190 degrees and held that for 20 minutes. Removed the radiator cap and still had the same coolant level. I had previously installed all new belts, hoses and a new thermostat. Any suggestions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks