• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cooper Bussmann Battery equalizer

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those with the Cooper Bussmann Battery equalizer, I was curious how much heat does it generate, I was thinking of using it in a pelican case I have with and drilling some holes in it for air circulation, was also going to install a 12V fuse box with it. My thoughts were to install it behind the drivers seat where the large box was originally at

ToddJK

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what is the better equalizer y'all run that works without having issues? I had some off brand one from eBay and it shorted out causing my battery to explode and a major short.

CONJIN

I have had this one on the truck for 4 months now and it's working flawlessly. Even after parking the truck for a few weeks, it starts right up. Before putting the equalizer in, it would discharge one of the batteries even while driving. In the cab it would show a normal 26v, but truck wouldn't start after I shut it off. This was in the middle of a 3 hour drive! Found one battery at 16v and the other at 10v! Works great now, at least so far. Can't speak for the longevity of the unit yet though 🤞.
The one battery must have a lot more resistance than the other, don't make them like they used to.

CONJIN

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what is the better equalizer y'all run that works without having issues? I had some off brand one from eBay and it shorted out causing my battery to explode and a major short.
Sorry, I replied to the thread and not to your post, so check my other post

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We prefer the Victron products. Built for blue water yachts reliable and available for our land yachts—

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks