• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corbeau Seat Brackets - Need Advice

M1009 Fiend

Gents,

Here is the issue:

1. The seat brackets they sent me that i got today and returned today are wrong floor pattern. I called a Corbeau Rep, gave him all of the measurements he said "Your 86 FULLSIZE Blazer could have the floor bolt pattern of an 87 Blazer." So he gave me the new part numbers and they match the bracket for a fullsize pick up(Drill in**).

2. I dont have the gear to fab up the mounts myself, but tomorrow im going to pay with the stock brackets and see what happens.

My main reason for buying the brackets is the double locking sliders.

So does anyone have experience with this problem or have mounter corbeau seat them selves?

Part numbers

I ordered
D502t and D503T

Was told to order
C22058L-8 and C22058R-8

***These are the universal drill yourself for Chevy Fullsize trucks. aua:burn:

So any advice or help is welcome!!

Last edited:

panteraufo

Any updates on the brackets? I also would like to install a set of the Corbeau Baja RS seats in my M1009 and would like to know what brackets work best. Thanks....

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no expert so don't quote me, but I recall reading in here somewhere that the military got S10 Blazer seats in the M1009. You might be off the track completely.

sschaefer3

I have an M1008 and bought the brackets for the full size pickup, I had to cut up and re-weld the brackets. The 2 also did not match exactly so who ever makes them over there does not really care about his or her job. I had to get them re-powder coated as well. After I re-built them, they were great. You still have to drill a few holes.

M1009 Fiend

Well long story short, the Baja XRS seats mounted directly to my stock brackets and sliders. I dont know what god was on my side but thank Odin!!!

No modifications at all!!!!!!:beer:

Let me see what picture to took and do a quick write up.

M1009 Fiend

IMG_2383.jpg
IMG_2384.jpg
As you can see, here are the seats and the brackets that are for the 80-86. Looking though the threads I did notice a few 09's with the brackets that would match these ones. aua
IMG_2399.jpg
IMG_2400.jpgIMG_2401.jpgIMG_2402.jpg
Apparently i forgot to take pictures while installing the Driver side. :drool:
But here is what I did.

• Removed the Brackets/seats from truck
  • Separated sliders/springs/brackets from seat, and then broke them down.
  • Sprayed the sliders/springs/brackets with heavy duty degreaser, scrubbed down with stiff brush and wire brush.
  • 4/5 coats of Rustolem primmer, Going to go over them again with Krylon Ultra Flat black when i can get some more.
  • Greased the sliders and all of the bearings
  • Installed on brackets and completely tightened all bolts down... (Shouldn't have done this as it torqued the bracket and made installing into truck harder)
  • Lined up the front slider bolts hand tightened but still allowed play.
  • Lined up rear bolts (If anyone wants ill pull the seat and send pictures of this)
  • Bolted into truck
  • I didnt lock-tight all the bolt so I may go back an do this soon.

IMG_2403.jpg
Bottom of the passenger bracket. I could'nt for the life of me figure out why one side of the Bracket is recessed. :cookoo:
IMG_2404.jpgIMG_2405.jpgIMG_2406.jpg
Passenger Side

• As you can see the Brackets look brand new!!!
  • I figured out that the recessed portion of the bracket holds the locking part of the slider and a release to slide the seat completely forward when the stock seat was leaned forward... Apparently the wire was stretched on mine because in the 4 years I've owned this truck I have never had this disengage to slide forward.
  • Greased all bearings and slides
  • Installed all springs and bolts
  • I left everything loose till I bolted the bracket into the truck.
  • I will be fab'ing some sort of handle to release the seat. from the back seat

Any questions or requests for more Pic's ill be happy to take them in the "morning"

Fiend

M1009 Fiend

Also I installed Corbeau 3pt-Retractable Harnesses using all stock mounting bolts and placements.

I picked them up 1 year ago off of Uncle Sams Retail Outlet, part of Gov Liquidation. for 50$. (Mod's is this ok to post

• The pictures are the messed up plastic cover on my passenger seat, will be contacting Corbeau first thing in the AM, look like the tried to fill it and send it out broken.....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks