• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Core buyers in michigan?

ODdave

Dose anyone know of a heavy truck core buyer in michigan? i have some 855 cummins eaton 9 speeds and semi axles that i will be getting rid of and would like to find a core buyer..Thanks!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try weller truck parts in grand rapids 616-724-2000

maybe, Bay Bilt truck parts in midland 989-496-9545

both deal in rebuilt transmissions

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hey Dave, I know a guy down here in Cincy that is looking for an injector for his 818. If you had a spare to sell for a good price, I bet he would be greatfull.

zout

you can also Try Valley Truck Parts up there in Wyoming Mich - but like the other member said - I would try Weller first.

ODdave

Thanks guys, i have taked to them last year on similar engines and they didnt seem to interested. there are guys out there that specificaly buy cores, they are who i am trying to find. all of the trucks run/ drive (few froze up brakes) IIRC they have lug pilot 22.5's on them.

Gimp, i will let you know if i end up tering the engines apart for scrap. aside from the injectors and turbo setups whats worth keeping?

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave they dont pay that much for that stuff at all the trans might bring 300.00
and the 855 cummins may bring 600.00???? what is the 855 cummins cpl and hp on the tag
and or do you have any photos of it.
Pm me CJ

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave they dont pay that much for that stuff at all the trans might bring 300.00
and the 855 cummins may bring 600.00???? what is the 855 cummins cpl and hp on the tag
and or do you have any photos of it.
Pm me CJ
I doubt they pay much over scrap value , at most I would bet its well below half of what they charge for a core charge on one of their rebuilds .

ODdave

Thaks for the help guys, belive it or not, those are the prices i was looking for, I do have pics of the first truck (drove it 40mi yesterday to feel it out) I am a lil confused about something though. 4 of the trucks have data plates that say 250hp 1 says 315, all have turbos but the part i am cofused about they are all BIG CAM.......i thought big cams where 300-400 hp?????

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well dave that is ok can you get photos of them and pm me with them I might be able to turn into cash for you also engine tag and CPL info also the photos of both side of them will help the sale.
Thank you CJ.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks