• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corn feeder hookup

Apex02

I'm new to all this and am trying to figure out what I need to do to hook up a 12v corn feeder into the rear trailer hitch. I already have the 2" receiver bracket installed and I have the toggle switch. Just unsure what I need since the Hmmwv is a 24v system and the feeder would be 12v

Apex02

I'm down in houston. So is the converter for the whole truck or just wired into the feeder?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm down in houston. So is the converter for the whole truck or just wired into the feeder?
The one mike has in his link can run multiple units by a single wire. You just run your wire from it to whatever is 12v. Feeder, Radio, Electric Fans. Etc.

Apex02

Nwappleby--where are you in houston? Trying to find other guys in the area that have hmmwvs

papakb

Better check the power requirements for your corn feeder before buying a converter so you'll have enough power to run it. The last thing you want to do in a HMMWV is to start a fire with wiring that's too small a gauge or a converter that can't handle the load!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks