• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corporate 14 for M1009

Crash_AF

Is the 14B from a 3/4 or 1 ton? If it's a 3/4 it should just bolt in with new (larger) ubolts. You'll also need to get a 1310/1350 conversion ujoint unless you are having a new driveshaft made.

What's your plan on the front? That 14B won't have 3.08 gears so you're going to have to have the front regeared and find 8 lug hubs/rotors at the very least.

Later,
Joe

woopyass

All of my trucks have 14B FF rearends. If you use the 3/4 ton version, make sure you do a disc brake swap before you bolt that giant thing in there. As far as the driveline issue, you can find a 3/4 ton suburban driveline at any wrecking yard, and just use that driveshaft to make your new one. Oh, and remember that when swapping your drums to discs that the bleeder screw goes on the TOP of the caliper, lol...... nevermind.

woopyass

Oh, and the disc brake brackets can be had from Sky manufacturing or ORD, or Diy4x.com. And its cheap, and you just use 3/4 ton rotors off of the front of a chevy. Finding the 8 lug Dana 44 Front ends is cake too, and they just bolt right up.

choll

I switched mine to a 14 bolt rear and a dana 60 front the axles came off a M1008. It was not a direct bolt up for the 14bolt we moved the perches inboard to match the springs and get the factory drive shaft angle back. We used the drive shaft out of the M1008 but had it shortened and balanced.

choll

I switched mine to a 14 bolt rear and a dana 60 front the axles came off a M1008. It was not a direct bolt up for the 14bolt we moved the perches inboard to match the springs and get the factory drive shaft angle back. We used the drive shaft out of the M1008 but had it shortened and balanced.

Bigred05

The rear shaft is not 1310 to 1350, you will need a S44 to 1350. The spring perches will most likely have to be moved, Swap in 8 lug outters from a Dana 44 or swap in a dana 60 for a matching lug pattern. While your at it throw some disk brakes on the 14 bolt. You can get brackets from ballistic fab, and everything you need from napa for under $150, Use 83-87 front K20 claipers and rotors. Here is My M1009, or whats left of it. And also a link to my build

My M1009 CUCV 1 ton and 52/63 Build thread - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Last edited:

CA_LEO

Thanks all for the help, I greatly appreciate it. Bad news is it took too long to get the ok from the boss so I missed out on the 14 bolt. It was from a 3/4 ton. I think I have a lead on another one though, wish me luck.

Bigred05, that is a phenomenal write up, add that one to the bookmarks for sure. I will keep you guys posted about the other prospect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks