• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct connector block pins

Celticlady

Morning again,

Where do I buy the terminal pins (rd M & F) and the spade connectors for the connector blocks in the LMTV/FMTV? I have several circuits that dead end at one side of a J/P connector. I wish to add a wire/pin to the other side and continue the circuit.

Ex. The work light circuit.

Have all the wire in the options panel (sans switches) and relays etc at the power distribution panel. They dead end under the power distribution panel.
I have some of the switches coming to me. But need the correct rd pin to pass through the connector block.

Celticlady

OK

Its P51 connector in Rons schematic ( which I have verified is correct on my truck)
Searched in TM 9-2320-365-24P parts for P51
Item 2 is the connector. Item 3 is the pin.
2 PAFZZ 09922 SMS18R-1 .CONNECTOR BODY,RECE (P51)......... 1
3 PAFZZ 09922 SC14M-1TK6 .CONTACT,ELECTRICAL
Searched on line for pin PN SC14M-1TK6
Took me to Newark ( which I have an account there) Newark part 04H3626 is $.36 But no stock and the crimper is $500

ah... no

I think I will snip the wire on the J side of connector 51. Use a single wire (M&F) bullet crimp connector that I already have the crimper. They are $.16 each at Newark and I have several.

Not my first choice, but its safe and cheap.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
McMaster Carr app is great but searching things on your computer is far better.
search molex connectors. I think they are the .093 size but check yours using a drill bit with the same diameter or calipers. Search Amazon for crimp tools.BC9BD03A-FDA6-4B12-B740-E5B2E2F36707.jpeg

Celticlady

McMaster Carr app is great but searching things on your computer is far better.
search molex connectors. I think they are the .093 size but check yours using a drill bit with the same diameter or calipers. Search Amazon for crimp tools.View attachment 836432
Thanks for this link. That is what I was looking for, but didn't know the terminology.

I could go poor buying a crimper for them too. However these connectors are everywhere. so maybe once bought, Insertion , extraction and crimpers for say the .062 & .093 sizes, would cover 80% of most applications.

Makes me kick myself for not rat-holing all the crimpers and tools I had accumulated over 35 years at work. I gave them away to others before I left. Who would have thought that I would buy a truck that makes me think I'm working on a airbus?? /-:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks