• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

correct gaskets for filters

mitchdaly

gasket source

The groove on the heads for the fuel filter canisters takes a 3 1/2" O.D., 1/8" cross section o-ring. The best material to use is Viton because it will last a long time. The correct o-ring number is AS568A-236. You can get them online from MSC. The address is www.mscdirect.com .Their part number is 02050920. They come in a pack of 10 for $15.95. You won't have to change these every time you change the filter because they don't deteriorate.

epitts

I know this is an old thread but McMaster-Carr has these o-rings for 11.66 for a pack of 10. Under P/N AS586A-236 w/several variants, so be sure to get the Viton type.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
That 4061T258 McMaster part is for a Buna-N ring with square cross-section.

They have Viton rings with round cross section as part number 9464K236, but don't have any square ones in that size.

Can either square or round cross-section rings be used for the fuel filter canisters?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
sure there are many rings that will 'work', but why not get the absolute correct ones from the filter manufacturor?? walmart, no shipping, just a few days, cheap.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it's in the first post, just go to walmart automotive dept and tell them it is a fram part number. they can order it, if the person dosent know how find a manager or another person. walmart has an account with fram and there will be no shipping charge.

Thank you, Tom! My 002a is now home and I've got two fuel filter gaskets that need replaced before I can fire this thing up. I'm excited to get them and hear this thing running

Last edited:

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I, too, had no success at the Walmart I tried...no fuel/oil filters; sub-useless staff. So, I ordered from Associated Diesel the Baldwin PF906 which crosses with the C1125PL; also got their P80-HD which crosses with the CH6PL. The square-section gasket that comes with the PF906 is the Baldwin G344 Buna N groove gasket. Per Baldwin, it replaces the Fram 101489 and is stated to fit the "Fram FCS1133PL and FSC1136M housings". When I changed out the fuel filters the G344 snugged right into the groove. ADiesel has the G344 for $0.86 and crosses it to the PF906, which they sell for $7.00. The P80-HD goes for $7.72 each.

1800 Diesel

tom, i got that number and it did not fit at all. it had to be forced in the groove and then the length was a real issue. probably from a different batch or manufacturor, but the fram gasket is made for the fram housing. some may be lucky and some not.
plus if you have to pay shipping it's way more $$$

tom
That's the problem I'd had with most filter brands--the gasket (more like a square cross-section o-ring) generally seems to have too much diameter & it's difficult or impossible in most cases to completely seat it. With all the good info on this thread, I can get a few spares for the shop. Thanks to all for posting all the good (& bad) part numbers. :)

Kevin

Last edited:

1800 Diesel

the exact correct gaskets for the fuel filters on mep-0003 are available. i researched this since the replacements many other filter companies say fit DO NOT FIT. fram part number SP101489 can be special ordered from tractor supply or walmart. (free shipping at walmart)

tom
Tom,

My wife is trying to search for the gaskets on WM's website but it ain't going too well. Is there a specific WM part number or did the Fram # work for you?

Thanks,

Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks