• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

correct installation of HH

Horst

I am starting a new thread, it was leaking IP, but leakage is no longer my problem, it is getting a little more difficult.

The previous owner must have messed with the IP pretty bad. Obviously when he tried to remove the hydraulic head, he did not know the correct procedure and forced it out. Doing so he broke that washer sitting on top of the driving gear in the IP. That is the metal part I found when disassembling, at least part of it.

Now when I tried to replace the leaking o-rings, I also messed up the correct assembly. Now I have the HH out of the truck and need to align everything correctly to re-install. Here however comes my problem. With the broken washer, much more teeth of the gear are now uncovered and I have difficulties to align now.

Can somebody post a picture of how it looks undamaged so I can maybe reconstruct what it should look like. Attached are photos of the broken piece and how the washer now looks like with all these teethes visible.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I will try to get some pics tonight. It should not have any effect on it (HH) going back in though. The tooth needs to line up with the arrow on the IP, thats it. As long as the washer that is left does not come into contact with anything, I wouldn't worry about it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea seen that before and not reading the parts list I would call that the quill shaft thrust washer. Makes you wonder if replaceing would not be the best thing here. Good luck.