• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct markings

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to this forum I have hound where my 1966 m35a2 was used.

Does anyone know how I would transfer the below information to bumper abbreviated numbers?

B Company 132nd Support Battalion 32nd Infantry Division WI ARNG MAUSTON WISCONSIN

Suggestions have been:

WING 32INF 132S (Star) B??

132SPT or 132BSB on passenger front bumper, then B *** ( truck number)

I've read a lot of the Army Regulation files and everything I could find. Keep in mind I'm in the navy and we dont name our ships the same way.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Left side:
32ID 132BSB

Right
B - something specific truck number. Could be TRK 321, HQ 4, etc...

67Beast

I would guess it more as WIANG 32-I 132SPT (star) B- (order of march) this would be the vehicles place in convoy line up. If you need any help you can check out my decal site, http://www.deltateamdecals.com Spend a little time on google images and search that outfit and see if you see any pics of vehicles that have readable bumper markings. It will help you determine what abbreviations they used in their motorpool.

Thanks to this forum I have hound where my 1966 m35a2 was used.

Does anyone know how I would transfer the below information to bumper abbreviated numbers?

B Company 132nd Support Battalion 32nd Infantry Division WI ARNG MAUSTON WISCONSIN

Suggestions have been:

WING 32INF 132S (Star) B??

132SPT or 132BSB on passenger front bumper, then B *** ( truck number)

I've read a lot of the Army Regulation files and everything I could find. Keep in mind I'm in the navy and we dont name our ships the same way.

Last edited:

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the references! I talked to my Officer in charge CPT. We used the scheme he used to inspect the motor pool. His idea was
WI-NG 132D SPT BN 32 ID (star) B-04 (made up number) I have my own vinyl machine and using outdoor vinyl.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the references! I talked to my Officer in charge CPT. We used the scheme he used to inspect the motor pool. His idea was
WI-NG 132D SPT BN 32 ID (star) B-04 (made up number) I have my own vinyl machine and using outdoor vinyl.

That works, but the order is wrong, usually it goes highest to lowest left to right.

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it different on the front bumper than rear? Also i did see a M37 that belonged to the WI national guard. Backwards? Perhaps im miss understanding it work just typed it up wrong. Starting on the passanger side you start with the jump at superior command then , list down to the unit level? Or did things change at some point in time?

Just read it again is this more correct?

WI-NG 32ID 132D BN (Star) B-08

Last edited:

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the privates that work for me are all Military Intelligence Battalion. They wouldn't know how to stencil. Last time I stenciled was USS Nimitz in 2009.

Last edited:

67Beast

Might be a bit too big this is 3 inches tall.

4H 1420 is most likely the original hood registration numbers as it fits the pattern for a 66' truck so why add it in 2 spots on the bumper? Also DSPTBN is way too many letters for a bumper. Back in the day they were way more simpler about it compared to todays smaller markings. According to the manual it should just simply be 132 SPT.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be a bit too big this is 3 inches tall.

Way too much. If you're going to ask for help, and then not take it, why ask?

Star is center of the bumper. the "4H-1420" doesn't make any sense with respect to what you've been asking. DSPTBN is way too much, DSB is what you'd be looking at. With the size you went with, take out WI-NG since 32nd ID is WI-NG (with some elements in MN/MI/IL).

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for clarifying. Im going to repring vinyl with 2 inch letters. Didn't know about those being the same. The DMV in texas said i have to have the 4H-1420 on both sides of the front bumper. And on the back of the truck.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for clarifying. Im going to repring vinyl with 2 inch letters. Didn't know about those being the same. The DMV in texas said i have to have the 4H-1420 on both sides of the front bumper. And on the back of the truck.

Oh, that's different and you didn't mention that.

Do the "4H-1420" as a line below the bumper markings. Make them 2" or so and you should be ok.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The DMV in texas said i have to have the 4H-1420 on both sides of the front bumper. And on the back of the truck.

HUH? Interesting because none of mine ever had the registration number on either side of the bumper. Heck I never did my registration number anywhere other than the front hood of my WWII jeep.

Ooops, Oh look, it's time for my blood pressure and lithium pills.

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could just be the small town DMV they had to call the state capital DMV to see if it was legal to register the vehicle. The inspector looked at truck and sense the 4H-1420 (original paint on the inside doors) he said it needs to be on the bumper and back.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didnt think of. Putting it below. So 32ID/132DSB ?

Yes, if you're planning on it being a "division support bn" vehicle, then just shorten it to DSB or DSBN.

Those are a little before my time, and were DISCOMs. you can find some early GWOT pics with Division Support Commands out there and with BN markings. Usually, those Bns were specialty battalions, like POL/TRANS/QM/MAINT and then became Combat Service Support Battalions (CSSBs) under Sustainment Brigades (SUSBDE or SB) but now SUS BDEs are back under the Divisions and are being called Division Sustainment Brigades, or DSBs, with Division Service Support Battalions (DSSBs). there are a few separate ones that will be Corps Support Brigade (CSBs) ala the old COSCOM units, and CSSBs still there. There's a few separate ones out there, but they'll be the exception now.

Side note, this means that my Brigade patch existed for less than 10 years, and with the Airborne tab for less than 4. lol.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Before us guys that always try to help on this stuff go chasing our tails again due to any further lack of full disclosure; you need to go back and do some research on the 32nd Infantry Division. Your truck is 1966. In 1967 the 32nd was no longer a division but became a separate infantry brigade. As such they wouldn't have had a MSB (Main Support Battalion) nor a DISCOM nor a division level support battalion unless you are specifically portraying the year 1966.

I'm doubling my lithium meds for tonight to control the voices. I need to just back away even though 9 out of those 10 voices in my head say I should be mounting the machine guns and cannons on my SdKfz-222 for a road trip.

Meanwhile, back at the bat cave...…

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured that i would try to make it as close to the original 1966 as possible except for markings required by the county/state. According to a reply to a post made by you!! I found the exact year it was sold and such. If I had the $$ and resources i would put the box back on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks