• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Model Year

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It probably is AF but there is also a potential it was bought by them sent to the air guard and since they are state, they could have potentially sent it to the army guard. Never know, always a chance.

ICAT

yes it has a blue warrenty tag on the dash. I didn't know they made the deuce in to the 80s. I thought they were all rebuilds by that time.

ICAT

the date on all the paperwork from the air force shows 12/88. I will check the tag first thing in the morrning.

wsucougarx

Ok here you go. Look inside the glove compartment. There should be a rustproofing sticker in there by Chrystler. What month year is written on that sticker? Also, if you have a USAF the serial # of the truck will tell you the year of the truck (87k...., 88k.... 89k.....) If it's an army truck then it'll have a different serial numbering system. Also, the year stamped on the blue warranty plate (was not exclusive to USAF trucks only) will give you a good idea what year the truck is. judging by the presence of the PARKING BRAKE warning light you have a late modelled M35A2C that is either a '87, '88, or '89 manufactured truck.

ICAT

Yes, the serial # starts with 88K so I guess it is a 1988. I was just suprised the deuce was built so long. I don't mind that it is an model year 88. I was going to put in the our yearly car show and run it during the cruse night. They usually limit the first 2 or 3 hours to vehicles 1976 or older. I might be able to squeeze in. Everyone has been great with the help