• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct oil level after spin on filter mod

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what the recommended oil level should be with the spin on anti-drain back oil filters?
I never checked after doing the mod and I was checking my level today and the dip stick read low. Then it dawned on me that there is some oil still in the two filters.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So my truck is now reading add 2 which is quite a bit lower than the 'K' in check norm. The problem is that I had a leak and I don't want to dump it all out only to add 22qts back in. Would it be dangerous to simply fill it back to full now?

DieselBob

Per the manual

"a. When checking cold, oil level should be approximately 1–1.5 in. (25.4–38.1 mm)
above FULL mark. Add oil as necessary; do not overfill."

I would think with the anti-drain back filters you wouldn't need the extra oil. I always figured that the extra 1~1.5 on the stick was what was going to get pumped into the filters at start up.

Just my 2cents

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the oil level should be on the full mark with the spin-on filters installed. A deuce with stock filters will show above the full mark when full after the truck has sat awhile. This is because the oil has drained from the filters and raised the level above the full mark. So the full mark on the stick means "full pan with full filters".

jatonka

The oil level will be at full or very close to full with my anti drain back filters installed on my oil filter adaptors. The napa/wix 1458 filters hold almost a quart, 2 holding 2 quarts nearly. So checking your dipstick cold, would yield full or slightly over. To the new oil adaptor owner, after installing filter adators and filters, add 22 quarts of diesel oil and check your level after first start up and shut down, where it is at that time is where it shuld be. john Tennis, jatonka.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks