• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

correct rim to single my deuce????

pinzgauer pete

Can any one tell me if this rim is a good fit to single out my deuce? I understand that adaptor plates would have to be fabricated but just wanted someone with more expierience in this give me the go...I think these rims go on a 5 ton???

Attachments

Kohburn

yes there is a simple adaptor plate that can be made for those wheels but the raised center has to be machined off.

I'm using those on my deuce but with a custom 6 bolt to 10 bolt adaptor.

Last edited:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could flip the rear hubs and use stock wheels. The rear wheels will have the same track as the front.

pinzgauer pete

I dont want to use the stock rims with my 395's although many have done so I am hesitant as a few expiereienced tire guys have told me I am stretching the boundaries by trying to mount them on stock rims and they all flatly refused to do them for me. I know that there are several machinists on this site that have the ability to make the adaptor plates can anyone stter me to someone that will make them for me who is reasonable with their prices?? PM me if this makes anyone uncomfortable talking openly about that matter...thanks for all the help guys....pics to follow once I have them mounted!!!:grin:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run stock wheels on my duece with 395's and have never had any issues. I am going to eventually recenter the same wheels you pictured to get away from tubes.

MilSpec78

The backspacing on the FMTV is not great in my opinion. I think the smaller backspacing for the MRAP or HEMTT wheels are better. The MRAP wheel is the easiest to adapt for Deuce purposes and can be found from SS members for pretty cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks