• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Correct" Shackles for CUCVs?

cpf240

After much searching and reading here, I'm still left with some questions.

Which shacles were issued for use with the CUCVs? My M1009 came with different shackles on the front than on the rear. From my reading, I think the ones on the back of my truck are the "correct" ones, and the pair on the front are from a deuce.

So, am I right in that thinking?
Is one more desirable than the other, and if so, why?
Should I replace one pair so they all match, or to save a pair that might be more valuable?

On a somewhat related topic, what does anyone think of those surplus tow straps that go between the shackles that are offered on that big internet auction site?

Attachments

Darwin T

change the front ones. if you pull with them it will put the pressure on the bumper and could bend it. i had that issue when i added a second set of shackles to my M109a3. if i had sued the same shackles as the top to pull i would have to put them on backwards to pivot the right way. then they would hang down the wrong way if i hit something with them they would bend the bumper. so the ones that were not offset were the best choice, for me.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks