• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Speedometer Gear?

O18

I’m trying to determine if the correct Speedometer gear is in my transfer case. I own a 2001 m1097r1 and am working to determine why my speedometer isn’t working (hasn’t worked since I picked it up).

I started in the dash and worked my way all the back to the transfer case-everything up to that point works.

When I pulled the speedometer gear the teeth are in bad shape with flat spots. Also found remanence of a sheered pin which may have also been part of the problem.

Is there a way to determine the correct gear? Rather than just assuming that the orange one is correct? Hummer Parts Guy has 3 different versions:
Orange 35 Teeth
Red 36 Teeth
Red 41 Teeth

Thanks in advance

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks