• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Stop/Turn Bulb

MILRET45

In the SS parts cross reference list the NAPA 1662 (lmp) is listed as the correct stop and turn signal bulb for all military but when I bring up the NAPA catalog it shows a twin contact base and staggered side pin 24v bulb. The burned out bulb I removed from my M35 and cross checked to my M715 is a single base contact (dual filiament) with matching position side pins.

Is there another NAPA number that matches this configuration?

Attachments

ida34

The 1662 is the 24 volt equivalent to an 1157. It has the stop turn and tail light in the same bulb. I am not sure why the cross ref has that one listed. I just ordered a couple to put in my magnetic lights to use with the deuce. You would need the 24 volt equivalent to an 1156 for a stop and turn. I have not replaced mine so I don't know what the correct number is. Hopefully someone will chime in with the correct number.

MILRET45

I looked at the 12v 1156 listing and while it has the single base contact it's also a single filament blub so a a 24v equivalent would still not be the correct match. I've looked through most all the NAPA catalog bulb listings and couldn't come up with a dual filament, single base contact version.

Barrman

All the lights in the M35 are single contact. The 24V version of the 1156 is the correct bulb for the stop/blinker light. All of mine are at home right now so I don't have the number for you.

If NAPA gives you a price higher than $3.00 or so per bulb, look at the normal auto parts places like O'Reilly's. I got a bag of these bulbs a month ago for less than $2.00 each from O'Reilly.

MILRET45

Issue is solved, the SS NAPA cross reference should read 1683, not 1662. This was further confused by the NAPA catalog listing for the 1683 which calls it a 'dome' light and the illustration does not show the second filament. I did buy two at a nearby NAPA but won't again. Price is outa sight.

vtdeucedriver

How many you want.........................I got em....#1683...................$1.00 a piece. I will even consider trade on some M151 parts!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks