• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corsairs Over CT

Flyingvan911

The air museum at Oshkosh, WI has a small but pretty set from WWII. I'd love a Mustang, Lightning, or Corsair. We have a niced L-1049H (fixed up to look like a Super G) here in Kansas City. That would be a nice civi prop job.

zout

I believe (members correct me if I am wrong please)
Glenn Ford who was from Canada - the movie actor had an awesome collection of restored aircraft @P51 and others.

I remember doing air shows like Oskosh and doing exhibition jumps there and seeing his aircraft flying collection - and it was only a drop in the hat from what I understood.

trooper632

love the P-51 but you cant beat the sound of a radial motor, and the speed of the corsair is faster just awsom, But i'm not that picky if someone wants to give me a mustang I'll take'er.

drdstny

Banned
love the P-51 but you cant beat the sound of a radial motor, and the speed of the corsair is faster just awsom,

P-51H = 487 MPH
F-4U4 = 446 MPH

Likewise:

F-16 = Mach 1, straight up
STS1 = Mach 9, straight up

My dad was one of 4 Marines who flew both the F-4U1 and the F-4U4. He began his first tour on the _USS Sangamon_ and, as the war ended, served aboard the _USS Puget Sound_. In the interim were names like Kitty Hawk and Enterprise and so on and so on, but the smaller boats, with their penchant for unforgiving landings, provided the Old Man with extra seat time, and he loved them the most.

In Korea, he trained Skyraider pilots and retired Full-Bird.

On the other hand, one of the men who invented pressurized air cabins for Supermarine was my college roommate's father. Between the two of us, we could bore any WW2-enthusiast with technical data, he with his Merlin and I with my Wasp. It became a competition of "who is, in fact, more boring."

Ergo, while I invite you to discuss Corsairs with me any time, I kindly submit you not do so unless you have an entire weekend to devote to me rambling.

GoldComet6

Yep, I love all of those plus: Thunderbolt, Hellcat, Aircobra, Warhawk, Flying Fortress, Catalina, Dauntlass.....well you get the idea.rofl

Thanks for posting. :cool:

TRG87K5

I have posted a few pics from the event last weekend at my gallery:
Corsairs in CT Photo Gallery by baywing at pbase.com

Mostly Corsairs with a few extra a/c thrown in. Hope you enjoy them, I paid a high price to get them......
Those are some real good pics, if ya ever make way to Reno~Stead airport in early sept. you can catch the Reno Air Races !!! look up some you tube vids. also look up Steve Hinton !! I sat on the wing of his "Super Corsair" way back when, when I was a kid !! best **** experience in my life !! on the tarmac while tuning !! awesome exp. !!!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks