• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cosmetic issues and vinyl cargo covers.

SE Jones

Ok. Putting a little fresh paint on the deuce to clean up her looks but I can't seem to get the cargo cover clean. Has anyone ever tried any rattlecan products on a vinyl cargo cover? I'll also take any ideas on cleaning products! I've already tried quite a few but the previous owner had it sitting under some trees and that black tree stuff is tough.

Should have said that it is 3 color Camo.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to pinch a penny or a pool store and get the real nasty clorine not the stuff you buy in a food store. Think it is like 12% and try that.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wesley's tire & white wall bleach, and a good brush. Spray and let soak a bit, then scrub. I've cleaned a couple of covers with it.

SE Jones

I tried a product called Krud Kutter. It's a house cleaner. Whe I used it with a scrubber I damaged the the paint, or whatever it is. Were any of the tarps you cleaned 3 color Camo?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just back from vacation; the tarps were tan and green, I did use the tire bleach on a small area of a 3 color cargo cover and it worked fine, I sprayed the cover with a little water to dilute so not to dull the finish.