• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cost of getting a good truck?

JeepMan

Over the weekend I was thinking for this poster or other people thinking about a duece. What about a Dodge M-37 truck?? It's 3/4 ton, 4X4, about as bad fuel mileage, you can go around topless with the windshield down which is mega cool. You can get a winch model, you'll get experiance with a 24 volt electrical system, be able to park it anywhere in town, (parking garages) etc. etc.

RAYZER

I have not had time to read all the advise here, but I have some anyway:

DON'T DO IT

I know most of you won't agree, but from what I read from Luke, a hobby is something you don't want to get real involved in right now. I didn't finish college and now I make a decent living, but I have to work like a dog in the heat (or cold). I would suggest you put college first in your life (unless your a God fearing person, then you know what goes first) and spent a little time hanging out with people that can afford these toys. I looked for anything to do when I supposed to study. My point is, money should not be your main concern right now. It's time. You can eat up a lot of time with these things, and that time would be best spent finishing college, getting a career, making real money and buying a tank. Wait a minute, that's my dream, you stick with the deuce.

Joe of Blythewood
College drop out
Heavy equipment operator
Master plumber
Certified welder
Inventor
Journeyman pipefitter
Commercial truck driver
Boy scout volunteer
Military vehicle collector
Ham radio operator
Father, etc.

that is good advice, i know when i was looking for a deuce to buy and after i bought one and even to this day, it's all i can think about,it's all consuming,it might be a big distraction for you. then again if you had one parked out in the back yard ( for future use) you could go sit in it and make motor noises, LOL, and study your homework!!

asgtoolman

RAYZER, If you had one sitting in your back yard, could you really only sit in it and study [and make motor noises], or would you yield to temptation and :grd: ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks