• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cost of m35a2 wo/w

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say $2500-$3500 is a fair price. If the deuce was listed in the "blue book" I belive they would fall in that range. I've seen them priced as high as $6000 for an average truck but that dosen't mean they are accually selling for that.

scrapman

Got mine from the back of a comic book advertisment. $50 & still in the crate! Before some of you guys say I paid too much, it was worth it to me. Afterall these trucks are worth what we are willing to pay.

GoHot229

Anywhere from $1,500 for a Rat, to about $2,500-$3,500 for an average Deuce, nothing too impressive, probably missing the cargo cover and bows, but likely with a soft-top, occasionally a hard-top and average 50% tires, mabe fair to good paint. $3,500 to $4,500 mabe a winch and hard-top with ok tires and paint, $5,000 to $6,000 for low mileage tires, nice paint, a whinch and hard-top, beyond that, they should be getting fairly nice for that kind of money. I think Ivarok is jesting, mabe...... But when you go above 7-8 K they should be fairly well done with cargo cover and winch, along with nice paint and at least 80% tires, and NO issues. Pay no attention to the miles or hours, because often-times when the motor was replaced or a host of reasons, the tach and spedo were replaced, so you can't count on the guages to be acurate on the face of it. Bobbers start around 5 for a Rat, on up, 7-8-9 K not being uncommon. Other variants of the M35A2, you can expect to pay more, depending on what they are, 4 K up. If this is your first buy (obviously) then do your homework, I'm sure you'll have someone near you who is savvy on these trucks and what to watch for, ask for some help finding or cheecking out a find, and I'm sure someone here will be more than glad to go with you on your first aquisition of a Deuce, or any MV for that matter. Often-times, here in classifieds there are some good deals, and for the most part, you can count on reputable members here, they kind of police their own here, you do a bad deal to someone here and it gets around fairly qiuck, thus it's probably a safe bet with members here. If you come up with something, run it past us here on the forum, try to get pictures, the good and the bad and post them, it helps emensly, but is not always the final say. Don't worry, you'll find one, and then all HELL will break loose, your life will never be the same again after you get the GREEN bug. Ont vital thing to think about with a Deuce. It's big, mean looking, intimidating, and will you be able to park it where you live???? On the street? that might cause code enforcement to pay you a visit, Zoning codes may have something prohibiting it where you are, and the one jerk neighbor may constantly give you greif. Something important to keep in mind.........

stampy

Go hot is right! I got lucky recently with GL though and got a M35a2 cargo for $1100 with a heater, insulated hard top, very litttle rust, 1982 model, with airshift. The only things wrong were one leaking wheel cylinder(now fixed, THANKS STUMP) and a crack in the windshield glass on one side. She runs like a top. Next is rust fix and paint! I figure I will have about $2000 in a truck I would drive anywhere. If you are mechanically inclined I would preview some auctions in your area and look the trucks over well. You may find one or two you really like and want to bid on. My M109 was only $1400 and it ran. Good Luck

frodobaggins

Got mine from the back of a comic book advertisment. $50 & still in the crate! Before some of you guys say I paid too much, it was worth it to me. Afterall these trucks are worth what we are willing to pay.
You must have got it from someone secondhand with too many. Because I got that same deal, but I had to buy 50 at a time. Took forever to put all those together !

redcoat54th

I bought mine (money down on it right now) for $3000 from a dealer in Minnesota. Check out Craigs List for your area and see what you stir up. From GL its going to be cheaper but a crap shoot as to what you end up with unless you can go see it ahead of the bidding close. Nice thing for me the dealer is only 30 miles away and has a stock of parts and advice: something I value. ebay trucks seem to go around the $3000 and up. maybe you can find one in your back yard. A test drive is always fun. Good luck, Bob

johnfrombeyond

I lucked out and got a good runner from GL for $1,000, mechanicals, tires, and frame are great, needs new front glass and frames, paint, and a seat cover, it even came with the cargo cover and bows, but again, I was fortunate. It cut my cost having a buddy with a tow truck too. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks