cost of ownership (the real cost of a deuce)

Dipstick

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are some interesting comparisons in both our stories. I was an Engineman aboard the USS Coronado for four years. We once spent about six months in drydock so I've experienced a lot of the shipyard thing. It's neat that your Deuce is ex-Navy. I rode in a Navy Deuce in Bremerhaven Germany once. I really enjoyed the ride. I've owned Brutus since 2013 and I've spent more time fixing/modifying him than driving him. I met John (Jatonka) years ago at the Sussex, N.J. MV show. He is a fine gentleman indeed. Brutus has all of his fuel and oil filter adapters. It was one of the first mods I did. As far as the speedo and tach go, I replaced my tach and speedo cables years ago. My Speedo and tach pointers would jump or hang up. The new cables took care of that. The original cables were very stiff from wear and age. My fenders are rusting through too. I have two new ones sitting in the garage. I also have new rocker panels to weld in. Hopefully this coming spring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks