• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cost of Water fording

Flyingvan911

Anybody know anyone with a LARC-V. They would be even better than DUKW in this situation. The only one I know of is in Poison, Montana. The owner would bring it to Texas but the flooding would probably be over by the time he could get it there, and then there is the $8k in transport costs 1 way.
There's also one at the military museum in Columbia, SC.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were a couple sold in Buffalo NY a while back.

Csm Davis

My understanding from MEMA, is that only 20 requests for outside aid have been sent from the State of Texas EMA. All of which have been covered. As a certified emergency manger, I caution anyone from self deploying. I realize and applaud the eagerness to help, but without coordination, helpers can quickly become hindrances. I can remember from my time on the coast, we had to handle the people that got around the roadblocks and such, trying to help. Unfortunately they became hindrances, as we had no additional fuel to provide them with, and we had to feed the majority of them; taking our already thin supply line and adding more pressure. Again I don't fault anyone from wanting to help, its a great quality; but please understand the consequences.
Text aor call me if you get a chance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk