• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

could a bent drive shaft crack a th400

84cucv1ton

thats what just happened to me i think. big crack in the case. 3 dents in the drive shaft from a forklift.

could that be it?

thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this truck forsale, now?

Dabba

i just bought this truck, while i was driving home i noticed a slight vibration at 45mph, nothing at 55 or prior to hitting 45. No death wobble. I mean i have a few other theorys because i dont think something that only caused a slight vibration could crack the case but who knows. Heres the full story of my failed attempt at bringing it home over on ck5... any input please let us know..

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2420657#post2420657

ragedracer

I would think a slight vibration wouldn't be enough to crack it. In combination with the forklift dents, I suspect that GL cracked it lifting it, and that combined with the vibration caused the crack to propagate enough to lose all your fluid.

rr

m38inmaine

I would think the tail of the tranfer case would break/crack before the transmission would. The trans probably took a hit from the forklift. 55mph in a M1008 is not helping either, 50mph should be max if you want the truck to last. TH400 should be easy to find, and rebuilding the ds is simple as well. Good luck.

Dabba

sorry i thought 55 was alright, yeah i think it already took a hit from the forklift as well, didnt see any dmg when i was inspecting it though. Meh, just so meh:evil:

BobM

sorry i thought 55 was alright, yeah i think it already took a hit from the forklift as well, didnt see any dmg when i was inspecting it though. Meh, just so meh:evil:

Yeah I thought my tranny was alright too. But I had tranny fluid dripping just a few miles out of Ft Mead with my 1008. My damage was to the shaft and the tranny to T-case adapter. I would definitely look at your adapter also. Being bolted on, it would suffer some pretty impressive forces.

Attachments

nk14zp

Could it be the force on the drive shaft from the fork lift cracked the adapter with out a fork hitting the trany or transfer? Some thing to think about if you see dings in your drive shaft.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man those GL personnel are hard on vehicles. Wish they would go a little easier.
Not all GL guys are hacks, I know at least one that won't forklift the cucvs and complains when he gets them that have been damaged by others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks