• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Could someone identify this broken hose?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The copper line clipped to the cross member is the vent line from the M/C and the other isn't a hose, it is the speedo cable and adapter.

Jones

I don't think it's a hose. I think it's your speedo cable housing.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to replace it as it can lead to the cable lube drying out; giving you an erratic reading at the speedo head or cable breakage.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just replaced the speedometer cable on my Deuce. Very cheap and only took a few minutes. I would go ahead and replace it.

Jones

A lot of adapters have a grease fitting on them; Give it a shot to keep the gears lubed.
I always grease the cable when I'm doing PM or installing a new one.
One end has a collar and won't shove through the housing. That end is the one that goes into the speedometer head.
Take a handful of grease and shove the opposite cable end through the grease and into the housing from the speedo end.
Continue to shove the cable through the grease and into the housing. If you run into a snag, look to see if the cable housing is kinked where it goes through a securing clamp. If so, loosen the clamp and straighten out as much of the kink as you can. (resecure when done).
When you've got all but the last inch or two into the housing you may have to turn the cable in order to get it threaded into the speed drive on the trans/transfer case.
You're done when the speedo head end of the cable is flush with the end of the housing. Reconnect the housing to the speedo head (again, you may have to wiggle the housing to get the speedo end into the head) and you're finished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks