• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Could we get a HMMWV tips and tricks section?

Glider

Like title says how about a tips and tricks section. A sub forum with valid write ups pinned to the top of forum. I was watching a video on YouTube. Guy mentioned greasing the hood stops even though new to keep from squeaking. I've been chasing that squeak for several weeks. Some small things up to big projects some bigger.

Just a thought.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn’t that what this is?

(And isn’t that what the TMs are for)

Glider

Well yes of course it is. But if there was a sticky section with good ride-ups and pictures would it not be better to preserve them at the top. Yes the service manual will tell you how to do it but sometimes a picture or a video speaks a thousand words. Many stickies could simply be links to YouTube videos. Does the TM mention grease on hood stops?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree that a "section" like that would be a good idea, only how would it be administered?,, someone would need to decide what would be useful as a sticky otherwise it just turns into the same problem with too many entries to be useful.
Trying to search through thousands of threads with multiple pages is usually less than fruitful... one of the bad things about a forum like this

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks