• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple CUCV questions

MudderMilitia

Hey guys I'm not new to 73-87 chevys but I am new to CUCVs. I bought an 86 m1009 late last year and have been loving it ever since!! I was wondering if there was a way to find out where this vehicle may have been stationed during its military life?

Two other questions, what is the plate for that is mounted to the dash board just about centered in the dash pad? Also in the back of the truck on the driver's side floor is a mounting plate with 4 holes. What was this used for? Thanks, glad to be a member

Shop Rat Fab

Disclaimer statement: what I have seen and I could bewrong, the drivers side rear on the floor that is for mounting a fuel can bracket unless you are talking right behind the drivers seat that is the rifle bracket, as for the dash bracket thats for mounting radio speakers, mic hooks and even headsets for the radio to hang on.

Sorry can't help with where the vehicle was stationed.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Yes the rear bracket is for mounting a Gas Can holder and the dash bracket is for the radio mounts.

You can post your VIN# and Registration number on CARNAC's Vin info post and he can possibly tell you where the truck last served in the Military
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/45889-2010-vin-info-thread.html?highlight=2010+VIN

Your first stop needs to be at the CUCV Forum. 1st read the CUCV Wiki
Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Link on the links provided to download all of the Technical Manuals

and then the FAQ Thread

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

Almost every question you will have has been asked before and answered many times. Search a little and if you don't find something PLEASE ask.

MudderMilitia

Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Yes the rear bracket is for mounting a Gas Can holder and the dash bracket is for the radio mounts.

You can post your VIN# and Registration number on CARNAC's Vin info post and he can possibly tell you where the truck last served in the Military
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/45889-2010-vin-info-thread.html?highlight=2010+VIN

Your first stop needs to be at the CUCV Forum. 1st read the CUCV Wiki
Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Link on the links provided to download all of the Technical Manuals

and then the FAQ Thread

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

Almost every question you will have has been asked before and answered many times. Search a little and if you don't find something PLEASE ask.
Thank you very much! I had not seen that wiki yet. I used that FAQ awhile ago to figure out which glow plug relay I needed to swap my original for. Since then I have had a little problem. When I turn on the key the gps light for about 2 seceonds, then off for about 2 then on for 2 and it does this several times even after the dash "wait" light goes out. If I start it after the light goes out the gps will continue to cycle on/off a few more times. It does this EVERY time I turn the key on which gets quite annoying when Im running around town doing errands and ahve to sit and wait for the plugs to finish cycling. Could the glowplug controller be going bad?

ida34

You can also carefully sand off the paint on the bumper. Record the different numbers and letters from the various levels of paint. This will tell you the units the vehicle was assigned to. You can then research the unit designations or post here for help in decoding the designations.

Mudstone

the glow plugs are supposed to cycle till the cylinders are hot. drive the truck for a while then it won't do it anymore. if it continues check your thermostat and see if it's stuck open.