• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of questions

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the broken starter bolt piece out! Used a left cutting drill bit to drill into it, and it just threaded back out when the bit got caught in it.

Put the starter back in place although I still need to fix the stud that holds the bracket to the engine.

IMG_20170806_215507.jpg

Last edited:

cucvrus

Good Job. I knew you could do it. If it were my project. I would go get 4 nice sharp 1/16" drill bits and drill the center out of that bolt. that will weaken it and you could possibly salvage that M8 1.25 threaded hole in the block. It is going to be a tough job. But with patience and letting the bits do the drilling you should be good. I would pull the engine. or at least the motor mount bracket so I could comfortably work up in there and see what I am doing. Please report back. Good luck. Did you try the welder?

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, so I've been driving a bit today and after a while the accelerator pedal would only go down a tiny bit, making me accelerate very slowly. Sometimes it would suddenly go back to normal, sometimes during driving, sometimes after a stop. Any ideas where to look?

cucvrus

I suspect you may have a fraying throttle cable????? and check he linkage if it is binding at the throttle pedal on the floor. I have removed and cleaned a few throttle pedals. They are dusty bone dry at this point. Good Grease in the groove and you should be good. The throttle cable different story. Good Luck.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suspect you may have a fraying throttle cable????? and check he linkage if it is binding at the throttle pedal on the floor. I have removed and cleaned a few throttle pedals. They are dusty bone dry at this point. Good Grease in the groove and you should be good. The throttle cable different story. Good Luck.
Linkage seemed allright. Will check cable. Ive noticed this behavior a couple times since I've owned the truck, but it always went straight away and stayed away for a while. Today it was pretty bad.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Drock

Agreed! sounds like the throttle cable is frayed. I just had mine break leaving me stuck in a busy intersection and having to be towed home. The pedal started sticking, but was only intermittent over the course of 3 days. I'd change the cable ASAP. The one I got from NAPA was horrible and required much modification to get to work, but this seems to be par for the course for the re-pops:x. If you can find an NOS one I'd go for it, I simply didn't have the time to find one myself.

NovacaineFix

Agreed! sounds like the throttle cable is frayed. I just had mine break leaving me stuck in a busy intersection and having to be towed home. The pedal started sticking, but was only intermittent over the course of 3 days. I'd change the cable ASAP. The one I got from NAPA was horrible and required much modification to get to work, but this seems to be par for the course for the re-pops:x. If you can find an NOS one I'd go for it, I simply didn't have the time to find one myself.
Same here, mine broke on the freeway on-ramp, then nothing.
Sad when you have to get towed but the truck is running just fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks