• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Courtesy Lamp Interior lights every on

CUCV2 Owner German

Hello Guys, on two Questions about my CUCV2.
My Courtesy Lamps are every on. When i do the black out to make out the lamps are out.
It doesn't matter whether the doors are open or closed. when I unplug the switch and unplug the interior lamp control module, the lights are always on. then have to take out the light bulbs. can someone help me?
Another question: behind the seat on the driver's side there are 3 threads 2 on the floor and 1 halfway up with a power cable what was probably installed there?
he was with the 723 AMS in Ramstein

best wishes from Germany

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

This is a grounding issue. It could be a defective headlamp switch. But the under the dash courtesy lamp on a CUCV is activated by completing the ground. You do NOT have door jamb switches as a stock item. Look for a screw into the wiring, pinched wire or other alterations to the stock wiring. My nasty term is hacking. And I see a lot of hacking on most CUCV's I deal with. Good Luck and report back. Happy Holidays. I see it is a CUCV2 so it may have door jamb switches. Check them and make sure the switches are not grounding out and the wires are not twisted and bared in the A pillar.

CUCV2 Owner German

Thanks for your information when I stake the door posts where in the dashboard are then the lights are still on. So it's not the Servicelight switch cabling? Then I'll have to look for grounding cables

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks