• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

coverting to an SX 460 avr

Hello and how is everyone doing. I have been reading through some posts on here for people who have changed their 002a/3a gensets to an sx 460 avr. Does anyone have a step by step instruction manual on how to do this ?
Thanks metalworker393

Chainbreaker

Having a step-by-step guide as it relates to the -002/-003 would certainly be nice. However, if memory serves me right it has been mostly trial and error, and a bit tricky, of how to accomplish this. The thread where RustyStud showed his approach with some pictures is probably as good as you will find to date. So as it stands, it seems your pretty much on your own to piece together the knowledge and process of doing the conversion solo unless someone offers direct assistance or has captured a better written record or video of the gutting and conversion installation process. At some point I may consider converting one of my -002's as a low priority winter project.

An ideal solution would be if someone sold a complete conversion kit including AVR, wiring harness/jumpers, etc. and detailed retrofit installation instructions. I guess it gets down to...How big a market is there for this conversion? There certainly are a heck of a lot of MEP-002/003's out there. However, most units are still running fine in OEM configuration so its a case of if it ain't broke yet why fix it? Yes, the conversion to a SX 460 AVR should make for a less complex unit with fewer failure points and therefore a more reliable unit in the long run unless you need the 3 phase utility aspect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks