• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cpappy M1009 Restoration

CPAPPY

Here is my M1009 that I will be doing some work on, Just started on it last Saturday and was able to take off the Cap ,hood fenders . Sunday removed the passenger side rear quarter panel where there was a dent that was to much to work with , so I decided to just remove it and order a new one . Will remove cab from frame and sandblast after I get the quarter panel installed .

DSC_0340.jpgIMG_0237.jpgIMG_0239.jpgIMG_0241.jpgIMG_0241.jpgIMG_0249.jpgIMG_0288.jpgIMG_0256.jpg IMG_0254.jpgIMG_0251.jpg

CPAPPY

This is a 1984 M1009 with 70,000 plus mile on it run very well , No rust on Body some minor dents to fix. Remove body from frame and sandblast the frame and epoxy primer and top coat black. Replacing windshield with one that has antenna in it so I can add a radio in it . The truck will be painted With Sherwin William Waterborne CARC paint .It will be CAMO 383Green,Black& Brown. Monsterliner the inside of the cab, also adding rear antennas to rear quarter panels . Might add a 2" lift and will be adding some 33"x12.5"x 15" Mud tire ,I have not decided on what brand yet I really like Nitto Mud Grappler.Tinting the windows Black, Replacing All rubber seals through out. New Black Dash Pad from DashPad direct Nice quality . Seat will be done in Black along with the Door Panels .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What prompted the removal of the right quarter? I agree, the 33" tire fits with no lift but with 2 1/2" lift it looks so much better.

Edit; Nevermind, reading is fundamental.

Last edited:

CPAPPY

100.jpg105.jpgWell it back to work on my M1009 , Its been over 2yrs. now since i started this project . Ive had some bad luck again 2 mini Strokes in 2015 , Then i just had Back surgey in Dec. and spent the Month in Cleveland Clinc. with complications and then Care Flighted from Dayton to Cleveland with Spinal Meningitis and Block Clot in Leg and Lung . Doing well enough to now work on my M1009 . So I bought a Donor Blazer Back in March to replace the rear Quarter panel that had a lot of Bondo on it . 4TH of July Weekend i Weld the Quarter panel back in and dismembered the Blazer. So last week I Cleaned the frame Ground and Wire wheeled it all over , and then Epoxy Primed the frame Sunday . Today I clean the Motor and Transmission to get ready Paint . So now i will post some picture.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks