• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cracked 302 exhaust manifold

I have a cracked exhaust manifold and coolant leaking in to the exhaust .I removed every thing to get the head off and got my extra 302 manifold from the shed and looking at them and found they where not the same .One # 218047 has heat control this one's cracked Other one # 2135490 has no heat control . I did not know they made two different ones.

Attachments

Yes I pulled the head and had it checked for cracks did a valve job and resurfaced the head . I should have re torqued the head and see if that would seal my leak the head gasket looked great . Now the head is back on and it waits till I can get back to it. I looked through my parts and found another manifold with the flap and will be using it .

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you have a good manifold. Check to see that the flanges on the intake and exhaust manifolds line up flush with the head. I experienced one that was off by more than 1/8". Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks