• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cracked my trucks bumper markings

greenjeepster

I figured out my trucks bumper markings... She came from the 149th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Division HQ truck 21st vehicle... Kentucky National Guard Louisville KY

greenjeepster

If the numbers are painted over you need to sand it so they are visible. I knew the HQ from the start, but what was throwing be was the BCT because it is the same abbreviation for Basic Training.

If I continue to sand I am guessing that I will run into more numbers as the KY National Guard acquired this truck in August of 1989, so somebody had it before that....

roscoe

If the numbers are painted over you need to sand it so they are visible. I knew the HQ from the start, but what was throwing be was the BCT because it is the same abbreviation for Basic Training.

If I continue to sand I am guessing that I will run into more numbers as the KY National Guard acquired this truck in August of 1989, so somebody had it before that....
Thats what I found - a couple layers deep. Sort of like an archialogical dig. Plus the GL spray paint job couldn't have been more sloppy.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Gotta ask, what specifically was on the passenger side front bumper and/or the drivers side rear bumper?

If it was
KYARNG = Kentucky Army National Guard
1-149 or 1-149 I or something like that then it is not 1st Division.

There are several 1st divisions. There is the 1st Infantry Division, 1st Armored Division, 1st Cavalry Division but the KYARNG belongs to none of them.

Most likely it is 1-149 I or just 1-149. That would be 1st Battalion, 149th Infantry Regiment, Headquarters Company, KYARNG. The 1 after 149 would actually be an I for Infantry.

The 1 before 149 is the battalion.

The HQ is in Barbourville, KY.

Hope this helps.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep, the 1st Battalion, 149th Infantry Regiment belongs to the 149th Brigade Combat Team, KYARNG. Headquarters 21 means the vehicle potentially belonged to the S-2 (Intelligence) section.

You can find more info by googling and looking at the global security website. Gives you the history of the unit and stuff.

Coal Cracker

I had brakleened the GL paint off of mine, and what I think I came up with is this.

Passenger side 8-228-BSB (There could have been another hyphenated number)

Drivers Side B-21

I did a google search and found that the 228th Brigade Support Battalion, is out of Sellersville , Pa., but there's a a 228 BSB out of Bethlehem , Pa.

I'm surmising that my truck was B company Truck 21? Still searching and looking

greenjeepster

Interesting side note on mine: The acquisition date for the State National Guard is 1989 and when my title came back the title says that the year of manufacture is also 1989. I guess she only served as a Guard truck. No reason to sand any more paint off:mrgreen:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I had brakleened the GL paint off of mine, and what I think I came up with is this.

Passenger side 8-228-BSB (There could have been another hyphenated number)

Drivers Side B-21

I did a google search and found that the 228th Brigade Support Battalion, is out of Sellersville , Pa., but there's a a 228 BSB out of Bethlehem , Pa.

I'm surmising that my truck was B company Truck 21? Still searching and looking
PA Army National Guard 28th Infantry Division, 228th Brigade Support Battalion, B Company #21. You should not think this as the 21st truck in the unit. That's not how it works. Bumper numbers work off an age old system
1 or 10's usually mean the S-1 Personnel officer
2 or 20's usually mean S-2 Intell officer
3 or 30's operations
4 or 40's logistics
5 or 50's 1SG/SGM
6 or 60's Commander
7 or 70's XO

HQ6 is usally the Commanders vehicle. HQ66 is usually an alternate vehicle for the Commander. In Germany my battalion commander had HQ6, HQ66, HQ66A, and HQ66b. A M998, a M1 Abrams, a M113, and a M577.

The two different town location is the diffferent companies. The HQ is located in the one and B Co in the other.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Any help with 90 c-r (top) 28 avn gp bottom (on pass side ft bumper) HHC - 19 (dr side ft)???;)

90th Reserve Command (renamed Regional Readiness Command and now Regional Support Command and a long time ago was the Army Reserve Command--ARCOM)

28th Aviation Group

Headquarters and Headquarters Company 19

Are you sure it's not 99th instead of 90th? 99th was in PA just like the 28th is.

The 90th is down in TX.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks