• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cracked np 208

butch32

1981 thru 1984 have a tall adapter with 2 rubber mounts
1985 and newer have a short adapter with single rubber mount Should have posted that in your first post. LOL

Ken_86gt

I have the adapter from a cucv that I would sell for $30? I would not be able meet until Thursday evening though. And, if you decide that you need a TranferCase I will make you a good deal on that.

83k30

i j.b. welded my cracked 208. just had to drain the fluid, and scuff the area and its been holdin just fine.

Good luck with that. I tried that many moons ago on a crack at the rear of a TH400 case. It held for about a month or two, then separated. I eventually took the trans out and rebuilt it, and while it was apart, took it to a welding shop and had them TIG it. They also reinforced the back area while they were at it, and as far as I know, it never leaked again. I sold the truck a few years later, and that was several years ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks