• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cracked thermostat housing

Crazyguypa

I managed to over tighten a plug and put a crack in my thermostat housing. :doh: Would anyone happen to have a junk motor with a good thermostat housing they would be willing to sell. The motor is a LDT-465-1D.

I told the wife what I wanted for christmas.......... I don't think she was amused. :?

Attachments

Westech

CPL
ha.. oops I think we all done stuff like that before. o well at least is was not the engine block like my BRAND new Harley in 2003.... i had a switch replaced and the 17 yo tech drove it right up in the block and split the case wide open...... 6 months later i had a new number stamped case. Never ran right after that.... sold the bike with 200 miles on it.

Crazyguypa

yeah I just went a 1/4 turn too much. I wonder if this can be brazed to fix the crack. I'd rather just replace it since it will most likely fail when i'm in the middle of nowhere. aua

Crazyguypa

Thanks for the replies guys. I was able to get a hold of Jeff from Front Line and will be picking it up on Monday. It's nice having a dealer <5 mins away. :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks