• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Craig Systems Shelter Camper Build

Hoefler

Got the PDFs on the S280. My Craig Systems enclosure matches the S-280C/G. I looked at the serial number on mine. Its simply-2! With a large genset, you could do the whole thing in electrical. Check this HVAC unit out http://www.climaterightair.com/rv-trailer-heating-and-air-conditioning
I like it. Could mount on the front of the shelter over the cab. The two ducts would be simple to instal. Further to that-a guy could run a duct in the corner where the roof meets the walls. This would condition the shelter efficiently. If it ever went on the fritz-it could be brought to a repar shop without the shelter coming with!
Pete

Oops. Its 400 watt solar. Unit is similar to the Home Depot grape solar.

No problem, 400W is still a good place to be. I was just hoping to see something like a fold out awning constructed of panels, or some other equally inventive solution that you appear to be capable of.
Carry on[thumbzup]

Hoefler

OK-I got it now. Issues on removing of water from shower pan. Cant use gravity-the shower pan gets to high. Pumps-they would run dry and surge on and off-plus, one would need to add a switch to turn pump on. Issues with hairs too.
Solution-gravity water from shower pan and sink above into the curb that supports the sink cabinet. Its big and would allow lots of accumulation. A boat bilge pump will be placed inside of surge tank-due to volume of tank, the bilge pump will do little cycling. Plus-its all automatic. Bilge pumps are inexpensive too. They can work with sort of dirty water and can work in very shallow water levels. No switch to turn on. Water will be pumped from surge tank to holding tank.
I am going to have bottom of curb filled in with a plate-will make a top with hinged cover that allows for clean out and pump inspection.
Attwood has one for about 100 bucks-its plastic, but has the inlets up to high. Reviews are not so good on this unit. A decent small bilge is about 40 bucks.
PeteSump tank.jpg

Hoefler

Proceeding with the bathroom area. Have aluminum liner on back wall and have pre-fitted all segments. Have a front plate secured that has lip on bottom to keep water from where bath pan meets wall. Have a 3/4" diameter pneumatic eductor that I have tested for evacuating water in bath pan. A small amount of compressed air will bleed into eductor. The inlet side of eductor will suck water and air from bath pan. The discharge will blow into holding tank. A vent will be installed on the holding tank to allow air to escape from hold tank. I will use two extra compressed air tanks I have from my MK to provide a surge supply of air. These tanks will be re-filled from my truck. Eductor is light and requires no electricity but uses stored energy in compressed air tanks. To make this work automatically, I will install a compressed air solenoid on the eductor. A small pressure switch in the supply side of the water used for shower will tell the solenoid to open or close. Again-minimum electrical to force drain the shower pan.
Pete
.IMG_2916.jpgIMG_2917.jpgIMG_2918.jpgIMG_2919.jpg

Hoefler

Soon.
I have been buried at work and in the middle of moving my company. One moved, I will start progress again. I did get the pneumatic eductor drain to work! No pump, just a small vacuum eductor that uses air to suck and blow waste water from shower to hold tank. I will use the air from truck to keep a tank in the camper filled. The whole deal here is stored energy.
I did win a Webasto diesel heater on GL. It will heat water with diesel. Came with pumps and filters-the whole nine yards. I will mount this outside in front of shell. Super safe heat with a heater coil inside and all the fuel burn out.
Pete

Cruceno

Pete do you plan to mount that shelter in your truck full time? Or are you planning to make it removable?

I'm toying with the idea of doing something similar, but I'd prefer to have the option to remove it so I can have use of the bed.

Hoefler

I am going to keep it portable. It fits in my A3 and 5 ton. It fits on an equipment trailer. These where originally designed to be portable-thats the beauty in using one of these. Mine has skids on the bottom and tow rings-perfect for camping with enclosure on the ground. Was thinking of hauling on equipment trailer and simply using a small winch to pull it up the trailer.
Pete

Hoefler

Only update for me is-I have moved it indoors to work on! I have recently purchased a new (to us) building for my manufacturing process. Spent much time dealing with Klown Kontractor which caused me great anguish and swear words and other not so nice stuff. I plan on re-starting the process soon.
I see your avitar sports a late model Unimog. I am looking for one for my camper build. Any leads would be great.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks