• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranetruck is Hardcore

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just looking at pics and ran across this one. Note the weather conditions, tire conditions, top conditions and windshield conditions.
Bjorn, you're my hero man. I haven't been hardcore like that since the winter of 1980 when I had a 68 Corvette with no top. BTW, Corvettes are a trip to do donuts in the snow, you sit practially on the back tires.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....&type=show&func=viewimage&iid=264&thumbnail=0

carguy455

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just LOOKING at pics of "The White Shit" gave me the willies, as I sit here in my "Atomic" tee , shorts and sandals [thank God for Summer!]
Reminds me I had better get that heater installed in my deuce while the weather is decent, it will be cold again before I know it. :(

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I curse the summer and worship winter. If a trip to the mailbox doesn't cause you to burst into flames, it wil surely render your shirt soaking wet and due for change.

M35guy

I believe firmly in temperatures right between 40 and 50 degrees year round and vote that we set the thermostat right there for the whole year. anyone complains tell em to go do something to themselves.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's supposed to be "our conditioning" not air conditioning. :)

Kenny, got a few small things in the mail for you, including a power transistor for the genset(s).

Armada

"If a trip to the mailbox doesn't cause you to burst into flames,
it wil surely render your shirt soaking wet and due for change."

Another one! rofl Kenny, you're a poet and don't know it!

The south is miserable this time of year. Wicked humid.
Thank God for Saint Freon!

houdel

Ken, I can't agree more, I live for winter. Here where I live in Michigan, we have snow on the ground from early November to mid March. Being near the west coast of MI, we get to enjoy "lake effect" snow. This occurs when the winds come out of the west , which is typical for here. The dry air blows across Minnesota and Wisconsin and gets really cold, then blows across Lake Michigan where it warms up and pick up moisture from the lake. When the warmer, moist air hits the Michigan shoreline, it rapidly cools down and the excess moisture drops out as dry, fluffy snow. This phenomenon occurs daily, typically 1/2" to 2" of fresh snow, from the time air temps drop below freezing usually, mid November, until Lake Michigan freezes over, usually mid February!

The Deuce is new to me this year so I haven't driven it in snow yet, but once winter starts here I'll be driving on fresh or packed snow most of the winter. I'll have to single out my rear wheels and either get a better set of tires or cut snow grooves in my NDCCs before the snow starts to fly!

BTW, do you even HAVE winter in FL, or just a dry season and a wet season?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have summer and January, thats all. Since I've been here nearly 20 years now I get cold at 50 degrees. That sucks! Used to be with a tee and flannel shirt right down to freezing. Oh well, this is my life!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I hate the South-too darned hot.

carguy455

Its rained for 4 straight DAYS here in Maine and has not gona above 50, stop yer cryin about it being "too hot"....waaa waaa.

We wait all YEAR for better weather and get jyped most of the time!

VACATIONLAND if you like to get wet and fight BUGS :roll:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
77 degrees, nice breeze and sunshine.... now if only the other 364 days were like this...
Dennis

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks