• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranetruck needs some help

CGarbee

It's good to hear that Bjorn is moving along again... And to see everyone pulling together to keep him rolling.
Who's along the route to his next scheduled stop?

czechsix

Good to hear he's back on the road - like I said before Bjorn, when you get closer to SoCal, LMK if you need help. I'm probably heading to Wyoming to pick up a Suburban, but I'll head out to help you if need be.

Safe travels bud!

gbooth

If he got a good start from Salina this morning he should be, or almost be to Colorado.
You guys in Denver keep a look out for him.

jasonjc

Just check out ups looks like they found th eHyd head and this what they say about it. "UPS PROHIBITS AIR TRANSPORT OF THIS HAZARDOUS MATERIAL;PACKAGE RETURNED TO SENDER "
A 7.5 lbs chunk of steel is HAZARDOUS??????maybe if it fellout of the plane and hit someone in the head.

houdel

I have a UPS Shipping account. For common stuff, they are OK, but just OK. Anything out of the ordinary, they suck. I ship USPS whenever I can!

CGarbee

Yeah, I got the hydraulic head back this morning... I've had a day, so I haven't gotten around to calling UPS to ask "what in the world...". Keep in mind that they promissed that I would get a call in the AM to update me on status when the folks who investigate lost packages got in to work, and the first that I knew that it was found was when I got a buzz from the folks in shipping telling me that it was back asking if I wanted to walk over and get it or have them drag it over to my office...

I think that somebody hit the work button on the computer when they had to explain what happened .. :)

Hey, Bjorn is rolling, I've got Charles' part back, and UPS is shy a customer... It all works out...

Jones

UPS is so bad that we have a cover letter to suppliers that reads in part; "...orders shipped via UPS will be refused and will not be re-ordered. Suppliers not complying with stated shipping requirements will be dropped from list of approved sources".
I personally have a P.O. Box address and they changed my address in their computer for UPS' convienence. Now anything of mine that UPS has in their clutches goes to some poor Jones in a neighboring town. Luckily, he's an honest man but no doubt his patience will eventually wear as thin as mine has.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is a reason people call UPS "Oops".

Not that FedEx is much better.

I work for a company that sells a lot of aftermakerket wheels and tires (like 'Vette Z-06) and we send out wheel and tires already mounted and balanced. They lose a freakin' WHEEL/TIRE ASSY. at least once a week.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be starting out on I-80 West in a little bit. Kind of cool here near Cheyenne, Wyoming (ele 6,000 Ft), about 55°F...

Deuce is running great again, but there are some leaks that will need to be worked on, a small oil drip from the bell housing, an air leak below the dash that comes and goes, a return line fuel leak from one of the fittings by the #3 injector that we replaced (don't dare to overtighten it).
The tires are running cool. The old front tires are on the driving axle and are wearing much faster than the others. All tires are siped, did that while Jason mounted the tires, which were a trade for the delivery of his dolly from Florida.

Running about 50-55 on the level highway, 35-40 on the long grades. The heavy trailer (9,500 lb) reduces the fuel milage to about 7.5 to 8 mpg on the average.
Used up about 125 gallons of bio fuels so far. On and off I run on 100% diesel and the pyro hops up to 1.100 °F plus and the boost hits 12 psi again. Doesn't do that with biodiesel and/or WVO in the tank...
Thanks for your support! Glad Cabell got the package back, thanks for the effort!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks