• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crank front oil seal

chemicaljohn

Hey guys, I'm looking at having to change the front oil seal on my Duece, the one pressed in to the timing cover. It pisses everywhere and gets a little worse each time I drive. Any tips on doing this? The TM makes it look pretty straight forward. Also the P/N I have is 10912514... Anyone know of an alternate # at a parts store. So far Saturn Surplus is the only place i've seen it.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My best way to remove the seal from the cover recess is to use a small drill (watch the shavings - grease on the end of the drill will catch them if you are careful) and put three equally spaced holes in the steel face of the seal. These holes need to be the right size to accept three large sheet metal screws. With the screws in the seal, use a notched pry bar to alternately and carefully pry out under the head of each screw a bit at a time to pull the seal out of the cover. I looked at a seal, but it had only ordnance numbers on it. If you take it and your front damper to a store like NAPA, they can measure the OD of the seal and the OD of the damper nose that goes into the seal and give you the right seal. If your damper's nose has a groove cut in it where the seal sets, buy a Speedi-Sleeve to repair it. NAPA has then also.
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks