• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crankcase Breather Tube Smoke/Oil

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
10-4 on ur last.

Truck only read 298 miles on odometer. I don't take odometer and hour meter readings seriously on any GL vehicles. But this one looked like it could have been rebuilt and imediatley placed in "Collect Dust Section".

I removed the oil cooler and it appeared that the Brass O-Ring Retainers were off set! From the looks of it, coolant appeared to have been leaking into oil cooler inlet/outlet.

We are in the process of making a homemade oil cooler tester and will c what else leaks.

Regardless I ordered a new oil cooler element, Gasket kit and Brass O-ring retainers.

Let you know what happens.

Thank you to everyone for tons of info.

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old oil cooler was leaking. We replaced it and still had Vanilla Ice Cream in the oil pan.

We dropped the pan this weekend, turned the engine and saw coolant dripping from cylinder/liner #5. Scoped liner #5 and its scuffed up.

Trying to get some local advice/assistance on digging further. (Parts-Tools-Etc) to replace liner or liners. Keep ya posted.

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Complete pressure test done. Liners 3 and 5 leaking. Removed 2nd and 3rd head. Liner 4 scuffed up. WILL POST SOME PICS OF THIS ASAP. NO ELECTROLYSIS OR HOLES IN LINERS, IT WAS THE SEALS. POOR REBUILD JOB DONE AT RRAD. GONNA NEED THE WHOLE REBUILD KIT. ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A DECENT PRICED REBUILD KIT? THANKS

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seals on the liners were bad. Injectors were not set right and over spraying. crankshaft lobed.

Just gonna do an engine swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks