• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crankcase vent - Operating temp - oil pressure- Multifuel

KC4MNE

Does everybody's crankcase vent tube drip oil and "smoke", or does my engine have excessive blow-by? It runs great however. :?

I get oil drips everytime I park the truck.

Is oil pressure between indication o and 30 psi at idle normal on hot engine? Goes to 60 psi "middle" at cruising (hot) Is this normal?

Operating temp is 200 to a little over 200 is that normal? I already replaced the thermostat with a new 180 degree unit.

Manny

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Crankcase vent - Operating temp - oil pressure- Multifue

Blow-by and some oil is normal. You will get more if the engine is idleing a lot. After I installed a filter for the breather I have been able to measure the amount of oil and it's about 1/10 of a quart for every 1,000 miles driven.

Oil pressure seems about normal and the engine op temp a little on the high side. When did you last change coolant? Is it clear or muddy?

acetomatoco

Most folks just add a piece of slobber tube to the vent pipe to get it down lower and into the slip stream...all Diesels slobber... I would check your temp gauge and sending unit because most of these trucks are cold runners and need the winter front to get anywhere 200 degrees operating temp... 180 is good.... ACE

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

0 to 30 PSI I suppose is OK. I get about 70 when cold and 45 when hot idling (190 degrees). On-highway, about 65.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks