• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crazy Ebayers!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some folks just get caught up in it. I was bidding on these 6 filters on ebay. Gave up at $15 since shipping was fixed at $6.50. I was just checking it out and it's up to $32.89 + $6.50. Thats over $39 and divided by 6 is $6.50 a filter. I get them from WIX of around $4.00 a filter. Gheez!

Low-Tech-Redneck

Oh, I don't know, I think it's quite therapeutic/humorous to watch people who don't know any better blow cash on stuff you know you can get for pennies :D

Dieselsmoke

I know what ya mean, been bidding on HMMWV parts lately to get mine finished. A lot of the parts end up going for more than Kascar sells them for....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then we have those (me) that bid on several items because the price is really good thinking that I get none anyway and ends up getting all.... I think it's about to happen again on this MT-1029 Radio mount I'm bidding on, already got one for $16.89 (shipping included).

rdixiemiller

E-Bay auctions are interesting things. many people assume (incorrectly) that because it is on E-Bay, it is going to sell cheaper than they can get it anywhere else. I have been selling on E-Bay for years, and have seen items I am selling go for more than you can get them at Tractor Supply, Wal Mart, etc. I have sold a lot of industrial surplus for fair prices. I have sold a lot of golf cart and ATV tires, some go high, some low. The main thing about E-Bay shopping is you need to RESEARCH what you are looking for. Find the going rate in your area. Look on-line, don't forget to figure in shipping. Then you can do the on-line auction thing. I see used deuce items sell all the time for higher prices than Saturn sells them for every day.
Bjorn is definately right. I bid on 3 items one time, figuring I might get one of them. Guess what, I ended up with all 3. From different sellers. Plus shipping. Valuable lesson learned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks