• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew Cab and Cummins swap questions-answers!

hot rod deuce

Hey all,

Im sure most of you know of the hot rod deuce project I have had in the works for about 5 years now. Its always changing and will probably never be done. I have had many many requests for pictures and information about the project. I decided that it would be a good idea to just start a thread about it on the new forum since some of the questions are the same. Kind of like a FAQ page.

The prvious pics seem to have been lost a forum or two ago as we keep growing and they keep moving the server around.

The HRD hasnt seen much attention lately but there is still progress here and there. Like, I just finished a hybrid turbo for the B cummins tonight and a coat of paint is in the works along with a tranny swap this fall.

So, if you have sent a question in a pm and not gotten an answer please ask again.

For tonight the only pic I can get you are my web page. I need to go look for a cord to hook up the camera

About Drive A Tank | Drive A Tank

mudguppy

thanks for the pics!!!

it looks like you used a 5.9 out of a comercial truck (bus?). couple of questions:
  • is the intercooler the comercial one or other?
  • did you find that the front sump pan was a must? even with the lift?
  • did you use the stock deuce radiator? how well is it holding up?
  • what trans did you use? did you have to relocate the transfer?
  • you going to add a shroud to the fan or find that it's not needed?
  • what 13 spd you going to use - RTO? plan to run a pto off it?
thanks a bunch, Tony!!!

jrwild

just was curious

i am finding out that i need to shave 1/4" off my imput shaft from the transmission to keep the stock transmission and use a 5.9 cummins motor.

also what cluch and pressure plate are you using.

And thank you for any information.

Unforgiven

Does anyone else understand how he spread the rear axles so that bigger tires didn't rub? Those "dog bones" are obviously different. Did he use 5 ton springs or something?

Unforgiven

Nobody with expertise wants to chime in? Fine, I'll do my own thing. But I figured more talented people had something to add.

I'm creative. I'll figure out what he did and weigh if it's worth the effort. Yes, I post a lot. But that's because I like to explore ALL avenues before deciding on anything.

My ultimate goal is to have a long-term plan before starting ANY modifications. If that means figuring it out myself ... so be it. I like this guy's bobbed Deuce and his axle spread.

This guy's ground clearance is insane. I would love to duplicate it. I'm not into re-inventing the wheel. If he found a great way to do it ... I'll follow.

Unforgiven

I wonder what backspacing is required to clear those tires on the front when turning w/o rubbing.

He chopped & welded the rear control arms. Since it's not spring steel I suppose that is okay. Must have added extra long leafs to the spring pack as well.

ApopkaFL

Banned

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks