• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew cab tandem deuce "MADISON" is Home!!!

Best camo pattern for this crew cab

• Total voters

HASSON1911

Can some one help me with figuring certain values of my parts truck. A coworker wants to buy items that I have no idea what there worth is?

Last edited:

HASSON1911

Haha that might help. just wanted to check and see if its still acceptable to post in this forum section. heres the list

Frame
4 tires
Drive shfts
Transfer case
Transmission
Front axle
1 Rear axle

Last edited:

HASSON1911

Yep pretty much what he wants. Wants to throw a pickup dressing on it and try to get it pass the judges to go into a demolition derby. I don't think it will work but after all it is his money. And if it will fund my project I won't stand in his way.

HASSON1911

Just sent off an old tank to a guy to fab up new stainless steel tanks. It might be jumping the gun but I'm bored at college and started thinking of paint, and I have it narrowed down to these three pattern schemes. Tell me what you guys think would look best for this truck, I'm unbiased for these three most votes win's.

HASSON1911

I got bored tonight waiting for my tanks, and getting the truck into the shop so I played with paint a little.

In paint,
I added what the new tanks will look like and also what the fab. roof will somehat look like.

Attachments

Last edited:

HASSON1911

With the duals they will be tied together and I plan on keeping the fuel system the same( to just draw from the pass. side tank). I am looking at about 172 gallons in total.and close to $700 fill her up. Yep that will be a sad day.

Which speaking of the fuel system brings me to my next question.

Today, I changed out all filters , primary secondary and final. I then bleed the lines and had fuel coming out the secondary's bleed port. None of the filters are leaking or sucking air. Since I haven't the batteries with the cca in 16* weather yet my dad and I tried to pull start her. We have White smoke coming out and yet there's still no "popping" or firing. We also had it geared to wear she was turning over at about 5-700 RPM. Right now I'm befuddled and out of idea, next step is to crack an injector line I would assume. But thats for a warmer day. I open to any suggestions or reasons of this mystery. Also, searching of this problem showed up as fuel in lines, Cracked HH or bad filters. So far I believe I have eliminated these problems I hope.
Thanks- Jake

HASSON1911

Update: We got the truck running, after thread reading I determined that the fuel shutoff was stuck in off position, turns out I was right. It was stuck very hard in the off postion hd to used a wrench to get her loose. I worked it back and forth while spraying lubricant and got it moving very freely. Also with the batteries hooked up the starter was not turning over the engine at all, the culprate turned out to be not enough CCA. I was running at about 750 CCA and through a battery charger on them and then she turned over real nicely. I am now looking at a set off batteries with 1500CCA. For cab work I was able to cut off his doorways and now the cab is nice and level, turns out he used 1/2'' steel for the modified part of the cab, I think he was making a roll cage out of it too. Also, got all my filters changed and fluids in the engine. Next is the brakes and drive train. Then I can start work on the cosmetic things off this truck.

Cost of this weekend- $60 - filters
FREE - fluids
Man hours- 20 hr.

HASSON1911

Tonight we got the new drive shaft on and took it for a test drive with 20* and an open cab it was...a little cold. The verdict is no excessive vibration other than the normal. But i could only get it up to 37 mph. Does anybody have an idea for this reasoning. all filters are new it is pure number 1 with some diesel octane boost. all filters were changed, along with the oil. I can get to 2000 rpm's in first to fourth, but in fifth i can only get 1500 rpm's when shift and then drops to 1000 rpm's and sits, and mind you this is with the pedal to the metal. exhaust is clean too no excessive smoke. The only thing i can think of is when we got it to run I did fully loosen up the fuel shut-off under that cap. Anyways give me your 2 cents on what you think it could be! Oh and the new drive shaft had to be made out of a ram cylinder (1/16th in. thicker than the original drive shaft ) and it only set me back $250, also included balancing and what not's. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Costs this weekend

Driveshaft- $250

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just a thought, but since the transfer case levers were disconnected is the truck in high range?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks