• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crooked Exhaust Pipe

WildernessJeep

I truly hate the way the exhaust pipe is crooked on the back of my 5 ton. I was thinking about just straight piping it up with a flapper on top. Has anyone eliminated their muffler entirely? How loud is it? Any problems with straight piping it?

Why couldn't they make it dress-right-dress from the factory like this one?

MD MV SHOW 05.14.2011 007.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
"retarded loud" doesn't sound like anything I want any part of. Any way to straighten the exhaust and keep a muffler?
Kick the bottom out and go straight up. I ran one of these

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an m123

Nhc250 straight piped is retarded loud

Op has a m936a1 or a0
Ah, that makes sense. Explains the winch setup, I was trying to place it.

And ditto on the nhc 250 straight piped being retarded loud. I blew my muffler out, but had to haul a tanker of WVO with my m818. After 100 miles into my 500 mile trip, with double hearing protection, I seriously considered parking the truck and walking home.

Friends crappy cell phone vid of me going by-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks