• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cross assembly/ u joints mutt 151

duhttdad

Anyone know of a part number for u joints for a Mutt 151a. I have the tech manuel numbers but I need a cross reference number so I can replace all 8 u joints. Thanks

armybuck041

If your looking for a "Napa" solution, you're out of luck. The U-Joints in the Axle Shafts are unique to the M151. I have spent literally dozens of hours comparing the specs with Spicer, Napa, etc with no luck. No others have found an aftermarket direct fit either.

armytruck63

If your looking for a "Napa" solution, you're out of luck. The U-Joints in the Axle Shafts are unique to the M151. I have spent literally dozens of hours comparing the specs with Spicer, Napa, etc with no luck. No others have found an aftermarket direct fit either.
Another reason not to flat tow an M151...

nattieleather

Someone once told me that the joint was out of a Ford tracktor with a Ford fairlane u-joint caps....or something like that, but that was one of those around the campfire stories....so basically the u-joints on the 151 are a 151 only part. I would check with the surplus vendors like Murry, Rapco, Saturn etc.

armybuck041

Yep, surplus only. There is an aftermarket UJoint part number kicking around on some of the other Army Jeep forums (G503 or G838) that doesn't work. The part is very close, but is too sloppy of a fit. I had a pair in one of my Axles which the previous owner tried to "pinch in" the Axle "Ears" to compensate for the fit. Considering how destructive a failed Axle UJoint would be on a MUTT at cruising speed, it's just not worth the risk.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks