• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crossroads with my M37

Jesse19rap

Hello everyone,

I've been reading about everyones projects for the better part of the past two years and recently bought a 1963 M37 that is in great shape. The odomoter said 14k (obviously not always accurate). The mechanical stock fuel pump was shot so i put an electric one on and that did the trick. She fired right up. I changed all the fluids and re did the fuel lines. I decided to check the compression and to my dismay the 1 and 6 cylinders are scored beyond repair. I've pulled the engine out and am now trying to decide if i want to rebuild it or go with a repower. I have access to a nice Hercules frame cut for $1600 w/ all the trimings and am considering making that work. However, I struggle to think i will be breaking up a truck that could be show quality for the right enthusiast. In a perfect world i would trade her for an updated/modernized M37. I will also have a 230 to part out. I will likely be using it for light fourwheeling and some weekend cruising with my Dad and his Model A. I've read that Mseries has put the Hercules in M37's so thats encouraging. I suppose i also could put in a 4bt cummins. Any insights from guys who have been here done that would be greatly appreciated. I'm really spinning my wheels on this one. Thanks

23217.jpg

DAP

I have had a Hercules in mine for years and love it. Charles Talbert did it but he now does Cummins. Call him and find out what he recommends

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks