• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crushed Fuel Line?

rwminck

Hey All, I was doing some work on my M35A2, replacing passenger windshield, trying to fix my blinker problem and attempting to figure out why the generator is not charging. Well, while under the bumper, note this crushed fuel line. You can see the kink just above the right bumper hole.I have searched the forum for a good hour and can't find the stock #. TM,s are not loading on my computer(chokes it), I tried that route. Can someone throw me a bone on this. Any recommended suppliers would be appreciated too. Thanks
Oh, it is worse than it looks. Don't know how she was running?fuel.jpg

Stan

I believe it could be duplicated with standard hardware store items. What about replacing with a rubber hose, the kink is kinda common prob.?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try saving the TMs to your computer. (right click and save)

Then they will open easily.

The copper line is standard soft copper line.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get some soft copper tubing like Doghead said. Or you can use a soft hose rated for diesel fuel and some clamps.

rwminck

So This is not a preformed piece? I know I could make due with something, but my goal on this truck is to keep it stock and replacement parts with OE items if I can get it. Thanks

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it is not. You need to make your own new one.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what the parts TM has.

21 MOOZZ 19207 11609292 TUBE ASSEMBLY MAKE FROM TUBE, P/N 1

UOC:B48,B95,B96,437,438,444,445,446,

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did my compressor line I went to a tubing and fitting place and had them bend the copper line for me. I did it twice and crushed it like that kink both times. :-(

I suggest routing it a different way as well. You can crowd a rock or small stump and take the line out. Poor design put it there.

rwminck

I agree, not a great place or material for this line. I will definitely tuck this line behind the bumper better. I will post an updated pic when completed. Thanks

shenkmen

If you're going to replace it with copper line use a tubing bender. Some of them look a spring that you slip over the line so it doesn't kink. Others have a circle on the end of the handle which you bend the line around. Both make the job easier and one of them should be available where you purchase the line.

I replaced mine with steel braided line made at a hose shop. I'll never have to worry about it again.

Either way route it above the support it is currently under and it will stay out of harms way.

EmbarkChief

Best replacement besides tubing would be a stainless braided Teflon hose. Next step down would be just a plain hydraulic line 1 Wire. If you get in a bind I can make you one, I work at an industrial hose shop. All I need are the measurements.

rwminck

Still going over the truck and replacing parts and in my investigation, besides the crushed line, I decided to by some spin on from John Tennis. Since the one on the passenger side is kind of a PITA to get a wrench on the 1" nut due to generator, I chose that one first and the oils filters and will do the driver side next. It is amazing tha the truck ran at all with the crushed line and this filter...uugh.

Not mentioned, but I had also had nasty oil leak around the cans. Found out there was no O-rings on either one.

Fuel filter.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's just plain nasty, pull the tank and have is scrubbed. That is classic microbe growth. Plan on running a anti -microbe additive when it is all back together.

ATPTac

That same fuel line has a kink on my truck as well, its no where near as bad as yours though. I asked around and called various surplus parts dealers and came up with nothing on an OE replacement line. I'm still trying to figure out which direction I want to go as far as a replacement. Between that line on yours and that fuel filter, I'm surprised your truck was even running. It should most definitely run better once you get all that squared away.

welldigger

O boy. Red sludge of death. Ask Clinto how much fun that stuff is. You can also use DOT airbrake line to replace the crushed fuel line. Also, run your new line on top of the frame cross member.

trooper632

I picked up a deuce with the same smashed fuel line problem, I took it off and went to napa. They bent the new copper line identical to the original line for me (minus the crushed part).

rwminck

The NAPA here does not do that service so I am having some braided line made from a local hydraulic shop. I tend to always over do and over spend, but I am going to get therapy for that someday. The Truck seemed to run pretty good, but did seem to be low on power at higher speeds (40MPH). I don't know, I have nothing to compare it too. Never drove one in the Submarine Service.. Beside the tank, should I be concerned about any other items due to the sludge? Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks