• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crushing a Car with a Deuce.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i agree with everyone... we all have a opion and freedom to do , speak and become (or that is) be a idiot. i didnt mind the car crushing but i spent way to much money and effort into fixing the broken things under my duece to try and make it smoke and drip oil and have multi flats to go along with the multi fuel. at first i thought it was FT driving one of WMs trucks to the circus. :-D :evil: :roll: :idea: :?: ;-)

joec

His truck he can do with what he wants. I agree to a point . Free speech yes. But it is his truck! And his tires to do with as he wants.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Interesting contrast in the two videos currently hot on this site. In one, we have a young man who with his dad restored a M37, and it made the local need - then the internet - and then we have this one.

When the next round of legislation comes around to restrict the sale/ownership of historic military vehicles - which one would you want to show the politicos? And which one will the "other" side want to show?

Yep, his property, his rights, absolutely. But I'll not advocate making this guy a celebrity.

Once I even published photos of tanks crushing cars - but no more {censorship starts wtih the guy holding the camera :) }. I've seen too many attempts by some politicians, bureaucrats, and media-types to "protect" the public from the likes of "us" - the us who responsibly own and enjoy military vehicles, warbirds, and firearms. Context, setting and intent mean nothing to those who only want the five-second sound/video bite to lead into their "cause."

End of rant.

David Doyle

Last edited:

FreightTrain

Banned
Agreed DD,That is how the gun thing is going.They play them up as evil showing all these videos of people in war zones or criminals shooting things up illegally but never the videos of 99.9% of all gun owners that are safe and responsable like at our Machinegun shoots here in bama enjoying the weapons for their historic value and fun factor.Same will be done with our vehicles.When they finally move to us,we will see them use that nut job with the stolen tank,Videos like this goober running over cars,Pictures of vehicles used in war zones as suicide bombs,etc.

littlebob

I think DD said it best. I 'm not saying I wouldn't do it myself if I had some scrap to play with. I wouldn't post on the internet if I thought of repurcusions of some idiot reporter putting it in the wrong context. Me and some friends had a few beers years ago and deciced to destroy an old Cvic that had seen its better days(mine). Most here would probably see it as the fun that it was, but put it in the wrong context and we could have been made out to look like a bad group destroying someone elses property.

littlebob

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i just dont see how just because it was a military vehicle it is going to cause an issue with owner ship of a cargo truck. if it was a bulldozer everyone would have thought it was neat to see. i didnt see any legislation changes regarding licensing and ownership of steel, welders, guns and bulldozers after this nationally broadcast incident.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24n77GgRtrw[/media]

Last edited:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
i just dont see how just because it was a military vehicle is going to cause an issue. if it was a bulldozer everyone would have thought it was neat to see. i didnt see any legislation changes regarding licensing and ownership of steel, welders, guns and bulldozers after this nationally broadcast incident.
That is because you are looking at it rationally - NOT as a means to further your "cause".

I don't know about where you live, but here anytime anyone gets shot with anything other than a handgun - the headline news shows an image of a M16 - if it was a handgun - they show a M1911A1. As the story develops, it doesn't matter that the shooter had a 22 - they still use their pet "graphic".

There is a fellow within TACOM - Ed Wolverton - who has made the statement that "we" the individual citizens - shouldn't own armored vehicles. One of his arguing points is the video of the stolen M60 in California going on a rampage. The fact that it was stolen is not relevant to his arguments. Mr. Wolverton is in a position that he seeks to "reclaim" privately owned armor if the papertrail is not air-tight.

If you think I am making this up, then google "Ed Wolverton" TACOM

When a like-minded zealot seeks to halt the sales of wheeled vehicles - videos such as the one above will be virtually tailor-made for their argument. The fact that you can do the same thing with a Peterbilt 359 is immaterial - 'caues they will be (are) crusading against private ownership of former military equipment.

When approaching these situations - throw the logic that you've applied out the window - and apply instead the fanaticism of others.

As for the nut job with the dozer in your video - I am really glad he had a dozer instead of a M5A1 - I'd bet that legislation outlawing tanks would have already passed.

DD

Last edited:

rizzo

When the next round of legislation comes around to restrict the sale/ownership of historic military vehicles - which one would you want to show the politicos?

good point. But instead of being afraid of what they will take away next lets kick them out of office. just shows we need to get off our butts and motivate the right people to run and then help then win office. from township to president. This country is going to pot because of the politicians. ALL of them. from the bottom to the top. Look at your rights as landowners in YOUR own township or City. That is a good place to start. in 20, 50 80 years the government will be running our lives and we will not be able to do anything out of the ordinary. It has to start now with ALL of us.

[disclaimer]This comment is not directed at any one person, but rather US Citizens as a whole. I quickly wrote this and just wanted to get my point across. If you have any complaints about it blame CCATLETT1984. he told me to do it.

Last edited:

dma251

Crushing cars with MV's will cause you endless suffering at the hands of fellow Steel Soldiers, take my word for it. I know from personal experience....

I say if it's not your truck or car, you should worry about what's going on in your own backyard..... Not mine. I can't wait to put some 4-wheeled vehicle under the tires of my hemtt...