• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CSM Davis recommends

Csm Davis

Okay I am asked by lots of people almost every week what I would check/change on a truck. So as I remember them I will post them. If I put up any bad information call me on it. If you have a question about what I have posted ask. This is my opinion and no one else's.

Csm Davis

I will say you should read the operators manual before you buy a truck it is the least you need to know about a new type of truck before you get one, it might keep you from buying something that you don't want.

Csm Davis

All 939 and 809 5 tons need new rubber fuel lines as soon as possible. And I recommend you change the fittings to the Parker style that slip on and don't need clamps. This is so they can easily be changed later and all you need is a sharp knife and a section of the right hose.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, Do you have a part number or part series for those slip on fittings?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my local hose shop make me a new set of hoses for an M818. The six fuel selector hoses cost me $20 and the main hose was $6. They reused the Parker push on connectors that where on the truck

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part number or series on the fittings I can take to my local Parker guys?

Google was not my friend on this one.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The push on fittings Jeff mentions look like this and need no hose clamps if used with "lok-on" type hose. My M931A2's have them, as well as an M818 that was rebuilt around 2011.
Dixon 287 series brass fitting.jpgPhoto is a Dixon 287 series, but don't know if this is what is on the trucks.

Csm Davis

I found the Goodyear hose was cheaper at my hydraulic shop. Next thing I have been literally giving to guys that have come by is called Grime Boss hand wipes. They are awesome they will remove the smell of diesel fuel and axle grease, they have removed everything I have gotten on my hands! From spray paint to blue pvc glue, fifth wheel grease to gunk under my finger nails.

Csm Davis

I forgot to say you can get them lots of places but cheapest around here is home Depot and I buy the 60 count bags by the case. I keep them in all my vehicles and in the house. Try them if someone finds something that it won't take off your hands post up I won't to know what it is.

sent from my decrepit fingers

Csm Davis

Okay this month Tung oil the real stuff 100% but really 50% is what you need solvent 50% and tung oil 50% it is not that hard to work with and I like the water proof quality of it over all the others. Just used it on a workshop bench and it looks and works great and is easy to reapply if needed.

sent from my decrepit fingers

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have added the push lok fitting numbers I used on my NHC 250 to the parts spreadsheet .I have another inverted flare I have to find for the return line up on the engine to hook into. If anyone has the general fitting sizes (npt/hose) numbers for the A2s I will add them.

Csm Davis

Ez-slide is great stuff, spray on graphite paint. Tow bars, shackles, spare tire davit, any metal on metal that grease wouldn't be great on. There's more uses for this stuff than you can imagine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks